Basic Teenage Skin Care Can Lead to Lifelong Beautiful SkinBeauty . Skin Care
Whether you’re the parent of a teenager or a teenager yourself you probably understand that skin care for teenagers can be very different from skincare for adults. In fact, many teenagers are just beginning to realize that they need to care for their skin in a serious manner and that soap and water just won’t cut it anymore. But with all the advice that is out there it can be difficult for a teenager who wants to set a basic skin care routine to know where to start. Additionally, some teenagers suffer from acne, scarring, and a variety of other hormone-related skin issues that are embarrassing to them. The truth is that teen skin needs to be cared for in a way that is simple and effective because most teenagers do not want to smear 47 different products on their face when they are running late to school every morning. This is why it’s important to keep teen skin care easy while focusing on skin issues that are common during the teenage years.
Basic Skin Care
To begin with the teenage years are the perfect time to begin a daily skin care routine that will work well into adulthood.
- Just say no to soap. Soap should only ever be used on the body. Even oily skin, which is common among teenagers, should refrain from using soap and should instead look for a light and gentle facial cleanser. Dry skin will benefit from a cream cleanser while oily or normal skin will benefit from gel cleansers. Additionally, the cleanser should be non-comodegenic which in turn will keep clogging of pores to a minimum.
- It’s important to wash the face day and night. At night a good cleanser will wash away the makeup, dirt, oil, and grime that has accumulated throughout the day while in the morning washing the face will prepare it for the basic skin care products that will be used that day.
- Teenagers with sensitive skin should look for an exfoliator that can be used once or twice a week. Teens with normal skin can choose a gentle daily exfoliator to be used once a day.
- After washing and scrubbing, most teens will want to use a light moisturizer on their face. As a teenager there is no need to pick different lotions for day and night however it’s important to choose a facial lotion instead of using the same one that is used on the body. Body lotions can cause rashes or pimples since many of them use more fragrances and oils than facial moisturizers do.
- Probably the most important product that a teenager should begin using right away is sunscreen. Choosing a protective daily sunscreen will prevent a lot of the sun damage that is seen later on in life. Wearing sunscreen daily is also a good way to get into the habit of using sunscreen and protecting the skin.
Advanced Skin Care
Of course there are times when skin needs to be cared for beyond the basic skin care that works on a daily basis. Some teenagers may suffer from acne, eczema, or other skin issues. While the occasional pimple can be easily treated with over-the-counter medications anything beyond this should be looked at by a professional. A skin care clinician or nurse will be able to prescribe a medication and routine that can help with deeper skin issues in a quick and safe manner.
Teen skin is not that different from adult skin in that each skin type needs to be treated in a manner that works with the issues they are facing. Not every teenager’s skin is the same, but by keeping skin care basic and seeing a professional as needed every teenager can enjoy their own best skin.
- Teaching Your Teen About Skin Care (webmd.com)
- Get More Out of Your Skin Care Routine (bellasugar.com)
- Teen Skin in the Middle East… (beautyandthechameleon.com)
Balanced Diet Beauty Calories Cancer Diet Diet Plan Eating Effective Weight Loss Exercise feat featured fitness Food Fresh Fruits Fresh Fruits And Vegetables Fruits And Vegetables Fruits Vegetables Hcg Weight Loss Health Health Experts Losing Weight Lt Massage Mental health Muscle Natural Diet Nbsp Nutrition Person To Person Physical exercise Physical fitness Pregnancy Pregnant Women Skin Sleep spot Stress Time Period Tooth Weight Loss Weight Loss Diet Weight Loss Products Weight Loss Program Weight Reduction Weight training