Dry skin needs lot of care and attention; it needs to be looked after well. However, if maintained properly you will not face problems with your dry skin. Here are some of the simple but effective ways to cure dry skin.
- One of the best ways to tackle dry skin is by keeping it moisturized with a branded moisturizer containing natural ingredient
- Regular cleansing with cold water and soap free mild product, which is gentle to the skin and does not have any drying effect
- Avoiding harsh chemical based bleaching agents or sunscreen lotions. Instead of these you can use products, which contain natural component such as aloevera, green tea extracts, apricot extract, and many such plant based ingredient
- One should try to rehydrate the body by consuming at least 2 liters of water, and cut down on tea and coffee
- Diet too plays an important role in how the skin looks, including lots of fruits and vegetables and reduction in fast food consumption can be effective in dealing with dry skin
- Regular exercise and overall wellness always gets reflected on the skin so keeping positive attitude can help
How to know your skin type? Human skin can be characterized according to the following categories.
- Normal skin
- Oily skin
- Dry skin
- Combination skin
These skin types can be determined by carrying out a simple test in the home itself. If a person wakes up in the morning to find his/her skin feels sticky and oily then it is definitely oily skin. While normal skin won’t feel sticky or greasy, on the other hand dry skin would appear flaky and devoid of luster. Combination skin refers to partly oily and partly dry skin type where certain parts of the body are dry while rest is oily.
What are the Characteristics of Dry skin?
As we understand dry skin can be perfectly normal and healthy especially young people feel blessed as they do not have to deal with few skin disorders like blackheads and acne. But with the passage of time the skin starts losing its sheen and becomes dry and flaky. Those who have naturally dry skin begin to show signs of aging such as wrinkles and fine lines much earlier in their life.
Under certain external factors such as cold and dry winters, wind, and routine cleansing, dry skin losses moisture much faster. The best way to tackle this problem is to take good care of the skin and replenish the lost moisture. In order to get long lasting results one has to ascertain the reason behind this problem. Few of the common reasons which causes dryness of the skin are listed below.
- Genetic predisposition: that means if a person has dry skin right from the beginning and has a family history of dry skin.
- Harsh weather: sometimes exposure to unkind weather conditions can rob the skin of its moisture, making it dull and flaky.
- Professional compulsion: certain profession requires that a person maintains a good hygiene by frequent washing of hands.
- Medication: few prescribed medication can cause dryness, if the symptom persist it should be brought to the notice of the physician.
- Dry Skin (njgarrell.wordpress.com)
- Bring on the Winter Moisture (morecheek.com)
- Six Tips To Look After Dry Skin (lookglamgirls.wordpress.com)
- Dry Skin “Bee” Gone! (passporttobliss.wordpress.com)
- Cold Weather Care For Dry Skin: Expert Tips For Winter Travel (hollywoodlife.com)
- Winter is Coming – Face Guide (hairmythoughts.wordpress.com)
Balanced Diet Beauty Calories Cancer Diet Diet Plan Eating Effective Weight Loss Exercise feat featured fitness Food Fresh Fruits Fresh Fruits And Vegetables Fruits And Vegetables Fruits Vegetables Hcg Weight Loss Health Health Experts Losing Weight Lt Massage Mental health Muscle Natural Diet Nbsp Nutrition Person To Person Physical exercise Physical fitness Pregnancy Pregnant Women Skin Sleep spot Stress Time Period Tooth Weight Loss Weight Loss Diet Weight Loss Products Weight Loss Program Weight Reduction Weight training