4 Things To Remember When Starting a New RelationshipDating & Relationships . LifeStyle
The beginning stages of a relationship are full of excitement, butterflies and a lot of hope for the future. Everything is new, and each date is a chance to discover something else about the person you’re dating. It’s easy to get so caught up in it all that you neglect other aspects of your life, or put too much pressure too soon on your new relationship. To make sure that you keep things moving in the right direction, it’s important to keep a few things in mind.
Here are the top 4 things to remember when starting a new relationship.
1. Don’t rush it. When you are just beginning to date someone, it’s hard to get enough of them! You want to see them as often as possible, and when you aren’t together, you find yourself thinking about them all the time. This is perfectly normal, and one of the best things about the first stages of a new relationship. Trouble begins however, when you go from dating to being together all of the time and acting like a couple who have been in love for twenty years. Things like rushing to move in together after only dating for a three weeks might seem like a great idea at the time, but it will undoubtedly put too much stress on the relationship too fast. Sharing finances, bills and responsibilities with someone you don’t fully know is a recipe for disaster. Hold off, and enjoy the moment and where you are right now. You will never be able to get this time as a couple back, so embrace it while you have it.
2. Maintain your own life. Along with wanting to be with the other person all of the time comes neglecting your own personal life. For example, if you have been taking yoga classes for a year and really enjoy them but have stopped going because you’re spending all your time with your partner, it’s an indication that you need to refocus some of your energy. Being part of a couple means that you do have to give up your independence, but only to a point. Maintain your relationships with your friends and family, and don’t give up on activities and hobbies that fulfill you. If anything, introduce your partner to them so he can enjoy them as well!
3. Notice the important things. At the beginning of a relationship, both parties are on their absolute best behavior. They hide their flaws and less than desirable qualities and because of this it can be difficult to tell what someone is really like in the first few months of dating. If you’re looking for a serious relationship, it’s important to evaluate if the person you’re dating has the qualities that you’re looking for and that can take a bit of detective work. No, you don’t have to go digging through their cupboards, but be aware and observant. If a guy brings you flowers or always says the sweetest things, that is all fine and good-but those aren’t the things that indicate what kind of partner he will be. Enjoy all of the romance, but look for clues. How does he treat his family and friends? Is he neat and responsible? Whatever values are important to you, seek those same ones out in someone you’re dating.
4. Talk and talk some more. Communication is the single most important thing in a relationship. Use these beginning stage dates to talk and talk and talk. This is the time to determine if you want the relationship to progress…or not. On a first date it’s best to avoid deep conversation and tough questions, but on the third, fourth or fifth date? Go for it! Life moves fast, and you don’t want to waste anyone’s time, most importantly your own!
[box_light]Over50sDates.com is a worldwide online dating site for mature daters. For more dating advice and tips, stop by their Over 50s Dates blog.[/box_light]
Balanced Diet Beauty Calories Cancer Diet Diet Plan Eating Effective Weight Loss Exercise feat featured fitness Food Fresh Fruits Fresh Fruits And Vegetables Fruits And Vegetables Fruits Vegetables Hcg Weight Loss Health Health Experts Losing Weight Lt Massage Mental health Muscle Natural Diet Nbsp Nutrition Person To Person Physical exercise Physical fitness Pregnancy Pregnant Women Skin Sleep spot Stress Time Period Tooth Weight Loss Weight Loss Diet Weight Loss Products Weight Loss Program Weight Reduction Weight training
- Women! How To Turn Heads And Make Men Walk Into Things
- Facts About Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Make Yourself Look Years Younger With The Following Tips And Tricks
- What Conditions Do Orthopedic Surgeons Often Treat?
- A Closer Look At The Most Overrated Modern Plastic Surgeries
- Why Swimming Is The Perfect Way To Tone Your Body